This collection is comprised of Four instruments, the Oboe, the English Horn, the Bassoon and the Contrabassoon.
Four digitally handcrafted acoustic instruments – the Oboe, the English Horn, the Bassoon and the Contrabassoon – developed by Audio Modeling using the SWAM Technology: the most realistic, real-time controllable, expressive virtual double reeds on the market.
No need for Giga-sized pre-recorded libraries: the typical limitations of traditional samplers simply do not exist with the SWAM Technology. SWAM Double Reeds is not a mere recording of notes via sample libraries, but a set of real virtual instruments based on their traditional counterparts, and it allows you to fully control the expression of a virtual acoustic instrument via MIDI controller. The smallest footprint guarantees the same natural reactions real instruments would have and the perfect organic consistency resulting from the endless expressive parameters that are unique to every live performance.
SWAM Double Reeds can be used for Classical, Pop, and any other musical style. Whereas a sample library repeats a pre-recorded sound, SWAM instruments play for real. In addition, since they are based on a combination of innovative performance techniques and concepts of physical and behavioral modeling, SWAM Double Reedsdon’t include any samples and are extremely lightweight, weighing only a few Megabytes.
Whether you are a producer, composer or live performer, start playing SWAM Double Reeds by layering it in a section with no artifacts and simply selecting different timbres for each instance.
Stop listening, start playing.
- Audio Units, VST, AAX – 64bit only
- Mac OSX 10.7 – 10.11 (El Capitan), macOS 10.12 (Sierra) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Required space after installation: 245 MB
- RAM occupancy: about 80 MB for each instrument instance
The realism and expressiveness of the SWAM instrument requires a modern computer with at least a 1.6 GHz Core 2 Duo CPU. Less powerful systems may also prove satisfactory, but may require larger buffer sizes, involving higher latencies.
- Expression (Dynamic)
- Note transitions (Staccato / Legato / Portamento) with no KeySwitches
- Legato Mode (Glissando vs Expressive)
- Vibrato Depth
- Vibrato Rate
- Portamento Time
- Harmonic Structure
- Flutter Tongue
- Breath Noise
- Key Noise
- Dynamic Pitch
- Main Volume
- Pan Pot
- Reverb Mix
- Oboe: Chromatic from Ab2 – Gb5 in C Concert.
- English Horn: Chromatic from D2 – F5 in C Concert.
- Bassoon: Chromatic from A0 – Gb4 in C concert (by default transposed one octave lower).
- Contrabassoon: Chromatic from A-1 – G4 in C concert (by default transposed one octave lower).
*Middle C = C3